The customized workflow system is an IT solution for managing the “workflow” associated with a specific step in a business process. Here is more about its peculiarities and benefits.
The purpose of the customized workflow
Business management software helps businesses streamline operations to increase efficiency and productivity. The software allows organizations to schedule workflows and automate critical processes. It is not the same as project management software. Project management with a customized workflow model has a specific start and end date with specific goals to be completed within a specific time. Business process management focuses more on common operations and processes. Companies have historically been forced to rely on management consultants, business analysts, and solution architects without such software. But hiring a consultant is expensive and out of the price range for most organizations. Today, business process management software enables all businesses, not just businesses, to take advantage of a workflow management solution.
Business management systems are called workflow systems. They are tools for describing, creating, and managing business processes using software that can interpret the description of the process, interact with the participants in the work (enterprise employees), and, if necessary, call the appropriate software applications and tools. In the case of automating business processes, the workflow system will send tasks to employees following process descriptions, control deadlines, send reminders, and provide tools and data necessary for completing tasks and performing work.
Moreover, automatic workflow customizing does not cover all areas of workflow customizing. It does not include maintaining the organizational structure and customizing standard tasks and workflow templates.
What are the benefits?
There are the following benefits of using configurable workflow models:
- Workflow provides automation of business processes consisting of tasks, actions, and steps.
- Using workflows, it’s easy to manage task dependencies and send notifications to your mailbox about pending activities.
- Using workflows, users can quickly determine what tasks need to be done. Work items are sent to the user in notifications, and with one click, the user invokes the correct T-code and navigates to the required screen in the application.
- Applications contain workflows that are ready to use. Users can also edit predefined business processes to match them to organizational processes.
- Users can also create specific parts of business processes through various workflow wizards. You can use the workflow designer to display and change existing workflows.
- Workflows are not tied to specific applications and can be customized.
- One of the main advantages of using workflow is that it is the same for all SAP applications.
- Workflows are useful for processes that involve multiple people or a group of people, task sequencing, and coordination between different entities.
Features of automation using customized workflow and BPM systems
Transferring the work of a department or the entire enterprise to Workflow is beneficial when you need to improve the organization of the daily work of employees by optimizing the following elements of the working environment:
- Messaging between employees.
- Document flow.
- Storing information in a single database.
- The transition of specific processes from stage to the stage between employees.
A big plus of transferring to workflow is that it involves relatively low costs. Setting up workflow also takes relatively little time. It includes drawing up the Workflow notation and then building all the regulations and processes on its basis. One of the main advantages of systems of this type is that they can be implemented to serve specific processes “invisibly.” It does not require a global restructuring of the company’s work strategy and does not imply the need for employees to learn new work principles.